Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Flowers and the drought

Despite the drought that we are supposedly having at present, the roses don't seem to be suffering too much. They are absolutely gorgeous. This is one of the roses in my front garden. They are a variety of colors and they are all blooming like you wouldn't believe.




This rose is beautiful.....I wish it was in my garden. I thought that it was a peony rose, it looked just like one to me, but I am assured it is a different variety....something like a Banksia I think.....but it is so pretty.

It's good to see that despite the lack of water out there, there are still many plants that are thriving.


2 comments:

Bobbie Murphy said...

so pretty! I LOVE seeing the flowers since we are going into winter now it is great to see the spring blooms! Gives me something to look forward to!

Kris said...

Well, roses are like that. Very drought tolerant. That's why they do so well here in Adelaide! Yours are gorgeous. (Such great value plants!)