Saturday, December 27, 2008

CHRISTMAS IS OVER FOR ANOTHER YEAR

Christmas is already over. Doesn't the year go by quickly. I've already started filling up my diary and calendar for next year, which mind you is only 5 days away.

The thing I love most about Christmas is remembering the reason why we celebrate christmas. The fact that the Saviour came to earth so that we might have eternal life. I also enjoy being with friends and family. My family is spread all over Australia and it's nice to get the chance to talk to loved ones on the phone. I have my mum and one sister in Tasmania and a sister and brother in Victoria, living in different parts of Melbourne.

Christmas Day was busy, visiting one of my brothers and his family in the morning for a little while - then having lunch with my son .....who did most of the cooking, and a good job at that. We then went to other family for dinner. Last night we went and had dinner with friends and had a really lovely time. Our friends have a big family, and it was wonderful to share a meal with them. They also had their beautiful 6 month old grandson there and he is just so gorgeous.

Our church is having a young single adult convention over the new year period and there are about 450 young people congregating here in Adelaide, all set for a good time. When I was younger I went to the same convention and I had a wonderful time. Sometimes I wish that I could have those days back again.

No comments: