Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sometimes there are things in life that you just can't explain



 

Sometimes there are things in life that you just can't explain.  You feel like you want to burst.  You are happier than you can say and yet you are crying.  You feel silly because you are crying, but you can't help it.  But the tears come and there's nothing you can do about it.

Today was one of those days.  I got the results today for the final essay of my first Uni subject and I got a High Distinction.  Not only that, I got a High Distinction for the subject overall.

I feel as though all the hard work was worth it.
I feel elated and excited.
I feel like a little child who has just opened their Christmas present and it is the very thing that they asked Santa for.
I feel so blessed to be able to study and to have been given the ability by my Heavenly Father to understand the things that I am learning, I know I could not do this alone.

When I was young I did not believe that I had the ability to go any further than high school.  I left high school in year 9, when I was 14 years old.  I went to business college when I was 14 and from there I worked, then married, had children, divorced, ended up being a single mum and did my year 12 at the age of 39.  

Now here I am at 53 studying at Uni and I am loving it and doing better than I thought I would.  I am a doubter, one who does not always have confidence in my ability.  One who would always believe that someone else was better than me.  That is why all the crying, elation and excitement.  Even though I feel the way I do and as strange as it sounds, I feel as though I am cheering someone else on, that the person that is succeeding is not me, but another person.

One day I will know that it is me and I will truly feel it inside, but until then I will live on the excitement.

4 comments:

VickiT said...

Okay I hate to point out the obvious but there is a mistake in this post. You are not 53, well not for another week anyway. You did a great job.....Love you xoxoxo

Kris said...

Well done you! I always knew you could do it! You are sooooo much better than you think you are! Love you!

PS As if Vicki knows when your birthday is ;)

sister outlaws said...

Well done!!I'm so impressed! And I have tears in my eyes just writing this! I hope your confidence grows everyday. That is a huge achievement!

Charlotte said...

Great work!!!!!!!!! Congratulations, that is a fantastic result! U deserve to feel elated!