Friday, April 6, 2012

CATCHING UP WITH OUR COUSIN .....

This little girl just loved all the attention we gave her.

While we were in Ballarat over our sibling weekend we went off to see our cousin.  It was so nice to catch up with her and her partner and we had the best time.


My cousin is my dad's sister's daughter.  My dad was killed when I was 6 years old and when we were younger we used to go down and stay with her and her family on their Dairy Farm.  As we got older however, we haven't really had that much to do with them.  But then I guess that's what happens when people grow up, get married and have children.



We had a lovely time talking about the past and reminiscing about past times .... found out some family secrets too ... but can't give those away.  You know how you find out things that you never knew about family ... you thought things were one way and found out it wasn't that way at all.  Interesting times.  


We were so well looked after.  Our cousin had spent heaps of time baking before we came and we were very well fed while we were there.  Food and eating are such social things to do.




Isn't this nice .... fancy having such a lovely pond in your back yard.  I love water features (must be because I'm a Pisces and we are a water sign)








What a gorgeous outlook for a relaxing afternoon.  Somewhere to sit and think while looking out on this beautiful view.


This weekend made me realise how nice it is to catch up with family.  How nice it is to talk about the past and share the good memories that you have.

My cousin and her husband were just lovely.  They opened up their home to us and welcomed us with open arms and we all had a lovely time.  I hope that I get the chance to do it again in the near future.

No comments: