Friday, December 21, 2012

Reverb 12 ..... Day 19

How did you nourish your beautiful body in 2012?
What self-care practises will you take with you into 2013?


This is one area of my life which definitely needs attention. I've started working on it a little bit towards the end of this year, but haven't got very far.  So one of my goals this year is to be a little kinder to myself.

  

By kinder, I mean, not saying negative things to myself or thinking negative things.  Giving myself praise for the good things that I achieve.  Self-praise is not always an easy thing to do.  I don't mean puffing myself up and thinking I'm better than others, that's not my nature, but rather acknowledging the positive and good things that I do, the things that show me as being true to myself.  

I think the reason I don't take better care of myself is insecurity and not feeling good enough.  Instead of nurturing myself, I look to the negatives. 




Then there's the matter of the weight that I need to lose.  It's a big thing for me to even say that word 'weight'.  I don't really talk about it much, in fact almost never, but I need to find my wings and fly.  I need to take off and nurture my body more with good nutrition.  I think this is the most important thing that I can do.



I don't want to get stuck in the old idea of losing weight ... nope, no crash diets for me, but rather a focus on eating healthy and good nutrition.   So 2013 for me will be about loving myself more and caring enough to be healthy and physically strong.  Now to find the courage to start and continue on my journey.


No comments: