Monday, October 7, 2013

Blogtoberfest Day 3 - People that inspire me


Blogtoberfest started on the 1st of October, but I only found out about it on the 3rd of October.  So was a bit behind the 8 ball.  My plan is to catch with the days that I am behind.  I'd like to say that I had blogged for every single day, so the plan here is to find something to write about for every day, even if that means writing twice in one day.

The challenge here is to think of something different to write about every day.


I have been thinking about people that inspire me.  There are many people that have inspired me throughout my life.  Most recently I watched a story about a man, a family man, with a wife and 3 children.  The man developed a virus that attacked his system .... the end result was that he had to have both his arms and legs amputated.  I can't even begin to imagine what that would be like.  I can't begin to imagine firstly, how ill he must have been and the secondly the shock of lose your limbs.  I am not sure what he must have been thinking when the realisation of it all hit, but I can imagine that it must have been an extremely hard thing to deal with.  You think your life is going nicely in one direction and then all of a sudden it throws you a curve ball and you are never quite the same again.  He has a wonderful wife, and she is amazing, supportive, loving, caring and just all round incredible.  This man inspires me with his courage to go on in life, despite the adversity.

Then there are the people around us that inspire us .... for me they are my niece and her husband, for the courage that they have had when finding out that he had cancer, they keep putting one foot in front of the other, moving forward day in and day out.  It can't be easy, I don't think it ever is.

Another person that has greatly inspired me is Lisa King ... You can read her blog HERE .  I find her courage and her strength amazing.  Despite losing her son Noah and her husband Aaron within 3 months of each other, she has kept moving forward, one foot in front of the other, day in and day out.  What inspires me most about Lisa is the honest way in which she writes about the challenges that she faces in dealing with her grief and her life as a now single parent to 3 boys.

These people don't see that they are doing anything special.  They are doing what they have to do, but in doing that they are impacting and affecting the lives of so many other people.  These examples teach lessons to us all.

They teach us that we too can have the courage to go on despite the things that happen to us.




No comments: