Sunday, December 8, 2013

My Goal, My Commitment, My Journey ...

In my last post I talked about setting goals and my desire to achieve a goal that I have in mind.  About having the DESIRE, MOTIVATION and DRIVE to achieve my goal.

And so I have started my journey........

My journey involves a number of things ....
  • Eating Healthy and in turn losing weight (I have quite a lot to lose).

  • Walking, increasing time and distance on a daily basis. 

  • Running, but that is down the track, after I have built up and done quite a bit of walking.


  • Riding, yes I am planning to start riding a bike.  Once again that will be down the track a little, maybe in about 4 months time.

My goal is to become fitter and healthier and in doing so losing weight.  For many years I have suffered with depression and I am hoping that in losing weight and becoming healthier my depression will improve.  I also have sleep apnea and while I love that the CPAP machine does it's job and I sleep a lot better these days, my CPAP and I MUST part ways.

Hand in hand with this goal is the fact that in mid November 2014, my son and his lady are getting married and I want more than anything to be slim and be able to choose the dress that I want to wear and not have to wear (for want of a better word) a FAT dress to the wedding.  I want to feel good about myself and love what I wear. 

Then comes the HUGE goal that I am working towards.  Only a few people know that I have set this goal and anyone who did not know before, in reading this, will definitely know.  It will not be an easy challenge, but it will be a good challenge, even a great challenge.

This year, at the end of November, 2 of my niece's husbands, and 2 others rode in the RIDE TO CONQUER CANCER in Adelaide to aid the Flinders Medical Centre in the fight, through research, to conquer this terrible disease Cancer.  In May 2012 my niece's husband Daniel found out that he had Testicular cancer.  Daniel and Chantelle, have 2 beautiful girls and their whole life ahead of them. Daniel rode this year in the ride to conquer cancer and I thought his effort along with the others in his team was amazing.  Click HERE to find out a little more about Daniel's effort in the ride that happened at the end of November this year.

Cancer is something that has touched my life through other family members also .... I don't think there are many of us that haven't been touched by the dreaded cancer in one way or another.

So it is my GOAL and my COMMITMENT to ride next year in the Ride to Conquer Cancer.  Daniel has inspired me, as have the others that rode with him.  More than anything I was inspired by the fact that despite having gone through all that he has he did something ...... 

and I realise that I too can do something.

4 comments:

Lola said...

Am right behind you and will give you all my support, an admirable quest :)

Lola said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lotti said...

Thank you Lola, I will probably be very grateful for all the support I can get.

sister outlaws said...

I am sure exercising will help with your depression - endorphins are great things - but so is getting outside and getting vitamin D and simply getting the blood circulating. Sounds like you have a great plan Lotti