Sunday, October 5, 2008

AN ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE

Oh, it has been such a beautiful day out there today. I wonder if we truly appreciate all the beautiful things that we have in this world. All the beautiful things that God has had his hand in. So many times in life we get caught up in what we don't have and sometimes I think that we should think more about what we do have ....even if it's only the fact that we have a pair of shoes to put on our feet.




I look at this photo of a sunset taken some time ago and the colors are just beautiful. When I was driving in the car with my son at the time that these photos were taken, I remember thinking that there is so much beauty in the world if we just look for it.


This tree grows at the local civic centre/library and I love it's character.

I love the way that the council have built the fence to go around the tree rather than possibly chopping it down to accomodate the car park. I think that would have been really really sad if they had. Obviously they too saw the beauty of this tree.

I love the way it's branches wind upward to the sky and the fact that they are so strong.

I am not even sure what sort of a tree this is but I think it's a Jacaranda....maybe someone can enlighten me on that.






This tree offers such fantastic shade when you park your car at the libary.....there are 3 parking spots, where the cars are particularly sheltered from the sun when you park under this tree. As you can imagine it is hard to find a parking spot over there.....only if you happen to get there early on a Sunday before the library opens at 1pm.



If we could all have a more grateful attitude about what we have in this life then I think that the world would be a better place.
I think we need to have an attitude of gratitude. Well that's me getting off my soapbox for today.

1 comment:

Kris said...

You're right! There are so many things to be grateful for. In fact I am grateful to have not one, but mutiple pairs of shoes. Comfortable shoes that make my life easier when I have to go out and ugg boot shoes for when my feet are freezing cold! I do have so many good things in my life. Thank you for reminding me!