Tuesday, March 3, 2009

LOVELY WEATHER FOR DUCKS !!!


THIS IS THE BEST SIGHT I HAVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME !!




I never thought that I would be so excited about seeing rain. As many of you know we here in Australia are in the middle of a drought. Finally we had rain today in Adelaide....the first rain since the 13th of December.



There were huge puddles of water everywhere......mostly this was caused by the fact that the gutters are full of leaves. I think the local council will have some work on their hands going around cleaning out the gutters.
This is a photo of the olive tree in my front garden, taken through the side window of the car.




I think I got a bit snappy happy even. I couldn't resist taking photos of the rain coming down on everything, including this one taken through the windscreen of the car while I sat waiting at the traffic lights




It is so much cooler here today. It was 19 degrees celscius earlier which is really nice. The coolest day we have had in some time. When you consider that it was 28 earlier this morning and felt quite humid, it is considerably cooler now.


Now if we can just get some of our weather across the border into Victoria, then the bushfires might ease.

Don't think I've been so grateful for rain in a very long time. Not sure if we will get a lot more rain....but I for one am enjoying it while it is here.

I'm sure all the ducks out there are having a wonderful time.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Wow! You are dedicated! I didn't take any photos at all. Rosalie Quinlan has just posted on her blog that it is raining at her house (in Victoria), so the news is good!

picklesticks said...

Lovely weather for ducks . . . and people too! I just love this weather. I also love that you were inspired to take photos. I too busy enjoying the wet and grey.