Sunday, August 9, 2009

On Being Sick

I'm sure your wondering why I have a picture of Aragorn from Lord of the Rings at the beginning of my blog post today .... Keep reading and you will see. I have decided after being sick for about 4 or 5 days that being sick should be banned. I'm really pushing my luck there I think.

I feel horrible at the moment. I thought I was safe from all the sickness that was going on around me ... but not to be .... it blindsided me and knocked me for a six. To think I actually believed that I wouldn't get sick. I'm supposed to go back to work tomorrow.... but right now I'm not sure if that is going to happen.

I've been putting off writing on my blog because I didn't want to come across as whinging about being sick; mainly because I'm not the only one out there feeling unwell.

Still it's a fact of life that we all get sick at one time or another. I'm hoping that this thing doesn't make me feel sick for too long. I feel like I'm over the worst, but now have been left with the feeling of lethargy and just chronic tiredness. All I want to do at the moment is sleep. If I do go back to work, I think it will be a case of work, home and into bed for a few more days.
Bad part about being sick when you are at home on your own is that you don't really have anyone to look after you. Maybe a knight in shining armour (or Aragorn from Lord of the Rings) will ride up to the front door and play doctor for me. Oh that would be nice.

Yeah in my dreams!!!!!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Go out on a limb! Let's ban sickness! I have heard it said that if we didn't have sickness we wouldn't really appreciate wellness, but I reckon I could.