Tuesday, August 17, 2010

SOCIAL LITTLE CREATURES .....




MEERKATS .... such social little creatures. Fascinating to watch ... I could stand there for hours observing their behaviour. They are also exetremely curious little animals who love to watch what is going on around them. I find them very cute and quite funny. One of their curious behaviours is the way in which they groom each other .... this is done in order to strengthen social bonds. I find that very interesting. They are always in groups and I get the feeling without realising it they are very family oriented.

The meerkat up above looked like he was sunbaking in the nook of a tree.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Great photos! They are such interesting creatures. Hey! Are we going to get a photo of you new comfy shoes? I'm interested to know what they look like!