Monday, December 27, 2010

THE NEW YEAR IS ALMOST HERE......


The new year is almost here .... Saturday in fact.... and of course many of us start thinking about goals and plans, apparently we call these things NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS!! I'm like many others and am thinking about this too. This can be exciting, or it can be depressing. Part of me is hesitant to make goals for the new year, because I invariably find that I don't always achieve my goals ... I guess I'm like many others who set goals and then don't follow through. Then I think, if I don't make any goals, what have I got to work towards. So like other years, I'll make goals once more.

One of the goals that I've set myself for this year is to travel to America.... if nothing else it will make me appreciate my home country of Australia. I've never been outside of Australia .... and I'd like to just once see what it's like in America. Oh, there are so many places I would love to travel to, but I want to at least start somewhere. I also have the feeling, that if I manage to travel to America, that I will get the travel bug and come home vowing to save more money and go somewhere else in the world.

I've decided to find me a map of the United States, and start marking all the places that I want to go. I'm guessing that many more places will be marked than where I will actually end up. Still this is my starting point. I figure if I don't start somewhere, I'll never get anywhere.

Utah is one of the places I really want to go. Salt Lake City in particular, but just Utah in general. The mountains in Utah are so beautiful and I so want to go to see the Salt Lake Temple. This is just one of my goals for this year. The others probably need some more work and thought.
It's funny though, as I think about this particular goal that I have to travel, I feel quite excited about the whole thing. It actually feels like it could happen. It says to me that if you want something to happen, then you have to make it happen. You have to just do it. Nobody can steal your dreams, except yourself.
So my journey to a new adventure begins .....










2 comments:

Kris said...

Oh wow! That is a huge goal, but completely achieveable. Good luck with that!

Lotti said...

I figure I've worked pretty hard over the last year and that hasn't stopped ... so I plan to put some of the money to good use and have a real holiday.