Monday, February 14, 2011

MAKING CHANGES .... ONE STEP AT A TIME

I want to change ......

There is something I need to change in my life and I want to do it more than anything. I am not sure how to go about it. I think it is going to take time and I don't really know where to start, but I do know that I have to start. I know that everyone has something in their life that they are not happy with and I'm no different to everyone else.

I am going to find a way to change, whatever that is and I'm going to achieve something. It is not going to happen overnight, but I am going to make it happen. It's a problem that I have had for many years and something that I feel ashamed about. I've had people help me in the past but I end up going back to where I was before they helped me. I now realise that only I can make the changes that I need to make in order that this will be a permenant change.

I am hoping that I can work in a positive way with this challenge. That I can look at what I need to do and do it with a good attitude. I know that I need to do something every day to change this situation and I need to stick to doing it every day .. day in and day out.

I know that because of this situation I am not really living my life to my full potential. This problem is holding me back from becoming the best person that I can be. Tomorrow will be the first day of the start of a new beginning. No matter how hard it is to change I know that I need to do it and do it each and every day.

I've worked out that probably the only way I can overcome this challenge is to set small, achieveable goals that I can do every day.

Well it's 12.48am and I am not sleeping too well at the moment, but I feel if I am to achieve anything tommorrow, I need to go to sleep (I'm at work at the moment) and wake up refreshed in the morning, ready to embark on my journey to change and discovering who I am.

I want to feel good about what I am doing and feel good about knowing that I am working towards the person that I can become.

2 comments:

Kris said...

What a solemn vow. I like this a lot. It is hard to change, but you seem to be very determined and I think you understand the best way to make a change. I really like the title of this post too. One Step At a Time!

Lotti said...

Thanks Kristin .... so grateful for your comments.