Friday, April 29, 2011

BEAUTIFUL LADY, MY FRIEND ....


Kim ... passed away 24th April, 2011.
Beautiful lady, my friend.
Your courage and strength was
an inspiration.
It was an honour to care for you
over the past two and a half years.
Together to the very end,
thank you for the priviledge.
I cannot say goodbye, but till we meet again
Love always ....

My Beautiful friend fought a long and hard battle with Motor Neurone Disease. I was her carer and grew to love her and we became friends. She was courageous to the very end. I was honoured to be with her as she took her last breath and left this life. At last she is free of her ailed body and is now at peace. At the end of her life she could not walk, could not move her body at all and could barely talk and so I have visions of her now romping through a field of flowers and walking on her long legs, even running on those legs and it is a beautiful vision..... a beautiful angel now in Heaven.

2 comments:

quiltygal said...

It's such a cruel disease... Have lost a friend & a relative to it ...lovely post ...

Lotti said...

agreed ... it is a cruel disease. Hopefully one day they may find a cure.