Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I'M ECLETIC ....

Do you have a favourite type of book that you like to read: a favourite genre?
Do you have a particular author that you like or will you read anyone's book as long as it holds your interest?

As for ME - I'M ECLECTIC !!!!

I love to read so much. It is my favourite thing to do. I could read all day if I had the chance. I'm always on the lookout for a new author, as you can see from previous posts. I'm always looking for another new book to read. One that will really grab my attention.

I've always loved reading and being around books. My kids claim the library is my 2nd home. I've always found that a book was a place where I could go to escape from life. I didn't have to do anything, just get engrossed in the world of the story.

I just finished reading MESSAGES : The Inspiring Story of Mattie J.T. Stepanek and HEARTSONGS by Jeni Stepanek, a truly wonderful and inspiring true story about a young man who had many challenges to face in his life and did so with dignity. More than that he is an inspiration to all of those around him. I know the book really inspired me to be a better person. Apparently this book is now published as Messages: The Legacy of Mattie J.T. Stepanek and Heartsongs by Jeni Stepanek.
Click here to find out more about this book and others by Mattie.

I highly recommend this book as a great read. I loved everything about this book; it's message, the way it was written and most of all the inspiring message that this young man sends out to all of us, one of peace and hope.

I do love to read true and inspiring stories. Something about them appeals to me; catches my attention. I love to read about people's triumph over adversity.

I am now currently reading FOR LACI: A Mother's Story of Love, Loss and Justice by Sharon Rocha (Laci's mother). Only just started reading this book this morning. So far it is good.



2 comments:

Kris said...

I love to read too. I spent most of my childhood in my room reading. If my mother wanted to punish me she would never send me to my room because I would have such a great time there! I think your kids are right. The library IS your second home. I always loved "bumping" into you there! (I must admit, that when I went to the library the first thing I would do is have a quick look around to see if you were there or not.)

Lotti said...

Must be something comforting about being surrounded by books. Used to read as a kid with a torch under the blankets after lights out. Think I used to escape into books as a child.... no wait, I know I did. Yep, and I used to look around for you too ... hoping to see you at the library. Miss having you around.