Monday, December 17, 2012

Reverb 12 ....... Day 17


Think of one person whose life you made a difference to in 2012.

What did you gain from this?

How will you continue to make a difference in 2013?


It's definitely always easier to see when other people make a difference in your life, than it is to take a look at yourself and see if you have made a difference in anyone else's life.  It's hard and well hard for me anyway.

In my work as a support worker / carer I like to think that I have made a difference.  Anyone who reads my blog will know that until a few months ago I was working in that role and have only recently changed to working in the office of the same company.

It has always been my uppermost goal in my job as a carer to give the people that I care for the very best of care.  In doing that I hope that I have always given them dignity and quality of life.  I hope that I have always cared for them in the way that I would want someone to care for me.  More than anything I hope that I have allowed them to feel that despite their challenges that they are worthwhile and hold an important place in society.

What did I gain from this ..... well that is easy - I have learnt that no matter what challenges you have in life you can have quality of life and that you are worthwhile.  I have gained a perspective in life based on reality, the reality of what others in the world have to face.

I hope that I can continue to make a difference in the world of others. 

1 comment:

Debra said...

Dignity and quality of life... the most precious of gifts. It is so rewarding to be able to help someone else achieve them. Thank you for all you do to help others.