Sunday, January 6, 2013

Reverb 12 ........ Day 23

On a roll now ...... good job, I tell myself.

What will you let go of ?
Name 3 excuses -- stories, you tell yourself that are holding you back  --  that you are going to let go of in 2013 ?

Oh we can all have excuses .... and I bet we all have a few.  Over the past week I've learnt that I am capable of more than I realised.  As part of my job I've had to tell people things, that ordinarily, I, myself would not say to others.  Basically I wouldn't be that assertive.  I had to say these things in my capacity as co-ordinator.  My usual self told me that I couldn't do it, that I was too afraid.  And there is that word -- AFRAID.
But I learnt that I could do it and I could do it in an appropriate and kind way .... go me ... one more hurdle overcome.

So this year is the year of telling myself that I can do things that I haven't done before -- done it now, so that's not an excuse any more.

I'm not sure what my excuse is, but I am not very organised in my home.  Organisation doesn't come easily to me.  I dare say for some this is a natural ability, but for some people it just is not.  This year however, I'm not allowing anything to hold me back and I'm going to become the person that I want to be.  I'm also inspired by Gnome Angel ... see her blog here and her efforts to be organised and be productive.   I'm going to have the home I want to live in.  I've decided I need to think about myself as an organised person and not any other way.

And lastly I want to let go of telling myself that I'm not good enough .... it's one of those things that has been an ongoing issue for a very long time.  But then I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

No comments: