Sunday, January 6, 2013

Reverb 12 ..... Day 22

Your most important Gift ?
What was the greatest gift you received in 2012?  What was the greatest gift you gave?
What do you intend to give yourself in 2013?

Are we ever really able to look at ourselves honestly and see what we have given to others.  I like to think that I give to others, but I also know that I could do better.  I think I can always be more giving, I think that we all can.  I realise too that this question also overlaps with others.  I think for me giving to others through my job is about the greatest thing I've given.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/110249837/always-be-a-little-kinder-etched-silver
As for what I intend to give myself in 2013 ...... my life, my happiness and peace in my heart.  I believe if I give myself these gifts then I can be a better person.  Sometimes we try to look to external things to make us happy ..... clothing, shoes, physical, material things and they never really make us happy on the inside.  I think the greatest gift/s that I can give myself is to be kinder to myself and to care about myself more, so that I in turn can give more to those I love and care about .... yes, I think the greatest gift I can give to myself this year is Kindness.

No comments: