Sunday, January 6, 2013

Reverb 12 ....... Day 25

How will you be vulnerable ?
Vulnerable - capable or susceptible to being wounded or hurt, as by a weapon: a vulnerable part of the body.
Vulnerable - open to moral attack, criticism, temptation, etc. : an argument vulnerable to refutation; He is vulnerable to bribery.
Vulnerable - (of a place) open to assault: difficult to defend: a vulnerable bridge.

Now this is a tough one.  I don't think anyone likes to be vulnerable.  To be open to being hurt is a hard thing to do.  I think of the words: Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved.  And so I think in that vein, it is better to have tried something and failed than never to have tried at all.

I think in trying new things you are open to vulnerability.  Your mind often races with thoughts of will I fail ?  Will I succeed ?  Will I achieve the result I want or fall short of my goal ?  Is attaining the goal the most important thing, or rather is giving it your best shot more to the point ?

Perhaps this year I will look to finding someone in my life.  I've been single for a very long time now and haven't really thought about the 'what if' of another partner.  When you have been hurt, it's hard to think of opening yourself up to being hurt yet again, even if that might never happen.  Don't get me wrong, I think it would be nice to have someone in my life, but I'm not out there looking.  I'm not making a HUGE effort, so to speak.  I don't need a man in my life to fill some unseen void, for me there is no void.  I am happy with who I am and happy with where I am in my life.  Having said that I do think it would be nice to have a man to share my life with.  One day if that person comes along then that will be nice and so maybe this will be my year.  Then again it might not be.  Either way I'm open to being vulnerable, although I'm not really looking but maybe, just maybe someone will come into my life.  Who knows......

No comments: