Monday, December 30, 2013

BE A LITTLE BETTER AND GO A LITTLE FARTHER .....

The sun is out this morning and it was a beautiful morning to be out walking.  I walked an extra half a klm today.... WOO HOO.  It felt like a good achievement.

Now it wasn't necessarily easy to go the extra .5, actually I had to push myself.  I was thinking that this is what this whole challenge is about, pushing myself.  Pushing myself to be that little bit better, go that little bit farther.  This journey is about me realising what I am capable of.  As I have said before this is not a competition or a race against anyone else but myself.  I am only in The Ride to Conquer Cancer to firstly raise money for research into cancer, but in doing so, challenging myself to be a better person.

I did think this morning of the challenges that people with cancer must face and the uphill battle of trying to stay on top of things mentally.  Of the toll that the treatment takes on their already taxed bodies.  Of the feelings of uncertainty that they must face at times.  Of course there is no way I can know what that is like.

I am grateful for this challenge as it gives me a purpose.  It is allowing me to stretch myself and grow and that is a good thing for anyone.  

Right now I am just taking it one day at a time and somewhere inside of me I feel like if I can do this, complete this ride, then I can do anything.



No comments: