Saturday, December 28, 2013

IT'S THE SMALL STEPS THAT COUNT ....

I went walking twice yesterday.  Felt motivated to go last night again .... probably because for some reason I was having a not so good day and thought that walking might help me feel better.  It did help.

Writing helps to keep me on track.  Writing helps to keep me motivated.  I am writing for myself as a way of dealing with my feelings and thoughts about the challenge that I have set myself.  Also I do hope that if there is someone out there reading this that wants to do something with their life and find a challenge that will give them a sense of purpose .... I hope that my words might help. Of course I don't know if they will, but I always hope when I write that others feel positive about what they read.

It is quite warm here this morning and so I have decided not to walk, but rather to go for a walk tonight when it cools down.  It is going to drop to about 22 or 23c after 6pm so I will be out and about then.  I have to say I am not a heat person.  I don't like the heat, never have, even when I was lighter.  At my weight now it is much harder to go walking in the heat.  

I would prefer of course to walk in the morning as I have noticed that it is giving me a boost during the day, but as long as I maintain my goal of walking every day, then that is all I am focused on right now.

All I care about for right now is getting through each day, getting through one day at a time.  I have the end goal in sight, but that is overwhelming and so I have to break it down into bite size chunks and take one day at a time.  What I do today matters in the long term scheme of things.  It matters, and is part of the bigger picture ... the end goal.

I have realised as I progress through each day that making small goals really helps.  Just the goal to walk each day right now, might not seem like that much, but it is a lot, at least to me, and is helping me along my journey.

I think at this point, it's the small steps that count .....




No comments: