Sunday, February 2, 2014

TO MY GRANDCHILDREN .....


To my Grandchildren,

I know you are out there somewhere and I am not sure what you know about me.  I wonder do you even know that I exist.  I wonder if there are times when you ask your mum or dad where I am.

Although I have never met any of you, you hold a little place in my heart, the place that is reserved for grandchildren.  I love you because you are all a part of my children, children that I had and that I love.  You are the good part of them.  The part of them that is good and wonderful.

I do not know what it is like to be a grandmother.  I do not know what it is like to hold you in my arms and kiss your sweet little faces.  I do not know that beautiful newborn smell that is only there when you are very new.  I know that I will never have that blessing. 

One day I pray that I will see your beautiful sweet faces and hold you in my arms.  One day I pray that you will know how very much I love you all.  You may be grown up  and not the little ones that you are now, but I will still love you no matter how old you are.

I miss your mum and dad so much and I wish that things could be different.  I wish I knew a way to make it all different.  But there is no way that I can do that.  I have no control over any of that.

I want you to know that I have tried and all I want is a chance to be able to love you and see you and be your grandmother.  I would love a chance to see your mum and dad again and to tell them how very much I love them.   That no matter what has happened, there is a way for forgiveness and love and peace.

Someday little ones I pray that we will meet and have a chance to get to know each other, but until then you will stay in my heart and always be a part of me.

All my love always
xoxoxo