Saturday, February 1, 2014

DO NOT LIVE WITH REGRET .......


I’m learning as I travel along in my journey that success does not come without WORK.  I guess I always knew that, but am realising just what an important part of achieving what you 
want it is.

Success comes in many forms and is different for everyone.  What is successful to you may not mean success to someone with an entirely different goal.


I hit hurdles in my journey each day.  When I go walking in the morning, there are moments when I want to give up.  When I am at the gym and my personal trainer asks me to do those few extra rotations of an exercise and I am really feeling it, and I just want to stop, I tell myself I can do it, that I can push myself just that little bit harder.  I am learning that I am able to achieve something, but that I just have to stay focused and keep going towards my ultimate goal.

I love that I am learning about myself and what I am capable of.  I am realising that many people give up, at that very point when if they just pushed themselves that little bit harder they could make it, and they would make it. 

I don’t believe that any of us really know, as human beings, what we are capable of, for I don’t believe that we ever really reach our full potential.  I think that many times we allow fear to hinder our potential, to stop us from reaching our goals. 

Faith is perhaps the greatest thing that we can have in ourselves.  Faith, that
we have the ability to achieve the goal that we are aiming for.  Faith, that no matter how difficult our journey or how unattainable our goal may seem that we can and will reach that goal. 

I believe that it is in the ‘doing’, that we are able to see what we are capable of.  How many people say “oh, I can’t do this, or I can’t do that”, but they never really set the goal, aim for it, and then try or do what they have to do to achieve the goal.

I know that for me, making this journey is already proving to be a good thing for.  It is showing me and teaching me that I am capable of so much more than I think.  It is a good feeling every day when I walk or when I workout at the gym that I am able to do that one thing that gets me closer to my goal. 

I am learning that I do not want to live with regret.  That at the end of my life, I do not want to say, “I wish I had done this, or I wish I had done that”.  I know I would feel sad if I didn’t. 

So I have set my goal; to ride in the RIDE TO CONQUER CANCER …. and I am doing all that I can to achieve that goal.  The road is not always easy; there are potholes and diversions along the way.  I may fall over or even hit the gravel once in a while, but it is in getting back up and walking or getting back up and riding again, that I realise that I have the potential to do this; I have the potential to achieve the goal that I have set myself.  I may not be able to see the end result right now, although as I walk I imagine the end; but I have faith that I can do it, I believe that I can do it and I aim to succeed at my goal.

My greatest joy will be at the end of the ride when I go over the finish line
with my other team members and I put my arm up in the air and I can say, I DID IT … I DID IT.  Then I will know how it feels to win.  Not to win a race, but to win at achievement, to achieve my goal and all the work will be worth it.