Sunday, July 20, 2008

MEMORIES


Since getting the piano yesterday I am thinking more and more about learning it again. When the children were little I would spend my time playing away on the piano. Often in times when I was feeling particularly stressed I would sit at the piano and playing would help me to relax. So I am looking forward to going back to it again.


I have also been thinking a lot about doing my family history and making some sort of a book out of it. Perhaps taking the photos that I have and writing stories surrounding the photos. I will probably need help from members of my family, but I am sure that it shouldn't be too hard.
My great-grandmother, Granny C, loved playing the piano and I don't remember a time in my life when she didn't play the piano. She was truly amazing and could tinkle the ivories with the best of them. I know she did have sheet music some of the time, but mostly I can remember her playing without music.
By the way that's my mum on the left-hand end of this photo and she is expecting me and my twin sister.......we were born approx 6-7 weeks after this photo was taken.
The fondest memories I have of Granny C was staying at her home and listening to her playing the piano. She was a wonderful grandmother and I still miss her now. All these years later my memories of her are just as vivid as ever.


No comments: