Wednesday, January 7, 2009

SEWING INSPIRATION


Got some inspiration the other day to start doing some sewing again. Actually I have been wanting to do some quilting for a while now, but haven't got around to it yet. I've looked at lots of books as 17 y/old daughter wants me to make her a quilt for her king size single bed. Well that seems a bit daunting, but I guess it's done in squares and so that's not quite so daunting. I have 2 good friends who quilt....one being Kris from Life at Rosemary Hill and another friend and I'm hoping that I'll get around to getting some tips from either of them.
Anyway in the middle of all that I found out that Spotlight had a sale on Butterick Patterns - Buy one/get one free......BARGAIN. Well that certainly inspired me even further. I went and bought 2 patterns first of all for myself and then went home.




Decided that I needed a couple of shirts for work so brought 2 patterns however, the plan is at this point to make two shirts, both the same using the pattern below and make one each out of the fabric in the photo at the top.


When I went home Miss 17 saw the patterns and decided that she wanted me to get a pattern for her to make her a dress. So I then went out and bought 2 more patterns - the one below and the other one we have on order because they didn't have it in stock - and we still get it free when it comes in.


Well I'm not sure how much quilting I'm going to get done any time soon???? Often that's the way though, start out to do one thing and end up doing something else.

2 comments:

Bobbie Murphy said...

I have a quilt that needs to be done too, but haven't dared do it without my mom around. It is the easiest quilt though and shouldn't take to long to get it done. Look up turning 20 quilts. The patterns are SO easy and they use 20 fat quarters to make! Can't wait to see your finished products!

Kris said...

Love the patterns! Sewing is sewing and it's so hard to get any nice clothes in the shops these days so sewing clothes is smart! I am going to be sewing clothes soon (any minute now) too!