Saturday, February 21, 2009

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!!

Do you ever feel like a Taxi Driver ???? and an unpaid one at that. I do at the moment........and I guess that every mother who has older children has said that from time to time. Do you think that your kids ever appreciate what you do for them??? They probably do when they are grown and have families of their own.....and their children ask them to drive them around.

I have had a hectic week....working hard and doing other things like running kids here and there. Sometimes I feel like all I do is drive around everywhere in the car. I occasionally feel like I live in my car.



I guess I should get one of those signs that says Mum's Taxi and put it on the back window of the car. Guess it's all part of being a parent.

On a different subject altogether, today, at least, I have been over at my niece's place working on her wedding dress. I can't imagine that I am actually making a wedding dress for her......seems like yesterday she was just a little girl.





I find that all the preparation work takes the longest. I have been working on the sample/mock up dress. Didn't want to get stuck into cutting out the actual fabric only to find I had made a mistake. So far everything has gone well with the dress and it fits her perfectly....so now I am right to go ahead and cut out the ACTUAL FABRIC. Whilst actually sewing the dress and putting it all together does take time, it's all the measuring and cutting out that is the majority of the work.






I love the style of the dress that she has chosen, it is very simple and very much Tracey. I am sure that she will add her own little touches to the dress and the final result will be just beautiful.

I would love to put some photos on here as I go, but think I'll leave that to the unveiling after the wedding is over. Don't want to spoil the surprise for all those that are going to the wedding.

Looks like I'm going to be busy for a while yet.....

1 comment:

picklesticks said...

You are such a good aunty! I am sure that her dress will be beautiful, and I can't wait to see it all when its done!