Saturday, February 7, 2009

WOULDN'T I JUST LOVE TO BE HERE RIGHT NOW.

Wouldn't I just love to be here right now............

We're a fickle bunch aren't we.......when it's freezing cold, we are hoping that it will heat up ......and when it's stinking hot we keep wishing it was cold. Go figure. It's also funny to think of the fact that here in Australia we are frying and in parts of America and England they are freezing.....I got an email from a friend the other day titled "England is Shut". She said that people were actually getting stuck on freeways in the snow in their cars and were dehydrating.....so they were advising people in the news over there to take a packed lunch and plenty of fluids when they went out. Sometimes it's hard to imagine we all live in the same world.


At the moment we are sweltering in high 30 to low to mid 40 degree Celsius heat. Oh it is so much fun!!! NOT. It feels like everything that you do to try and keep cool eventually fails. I've taken heaps of showers, and must be one of the cleanest people where I live. Oh that works for a while, but then I heat up again. The hardest part about dealing with the heat is that it doesn't cool down at night. We did have a couple of cool nights, but mostly, whilst slightly cooler at night it has hardly cooled down at all. And if people don't get their proper sleep there are a bunch of grumpy, tired and hot people walking around out there.


Think I've finally come to the realisation that I just have to find things to do to keep my mind off the fact that it is so hot......and I have decided that I need to stop telling myself it is hot. Could be that doing that just makes it worse.
They are forecasting a cool change for tomorrow afternoon......temperature drop to about 26.....YAY!!
Not to be sceptical or anything but I'll believe it when I see it.....

1 comment:

Kate said...

I hope it is cooler today - there is nothing worse than it being stinking hot at night.