Tuesday, May 25, 2010

ONE DAY I WILL BE A GRANDMOTHER FOR REAL .....

I became a grandmother again yesterday for the 4th time..
A little grandson, 10lb 5oz, 54cm long and with a 38cm head circumference.
Thats one big baby.
I can't imagine that my daughter that I gave birth to all those years ago
has given birth to a baby weighing over 10lb.
My children ranged in size from 6lb 14oz to 7lb 14oz
I have 4 granchildren now and I would treasure everyone of them if I could.
I would love to be there now and hold this little one and tell him that I loved him.
To share in the joy of being part of this special event.
Sadly I have never had the joy of seeing any of my grandchildren.
I pray that one day a miracle will occur and I will know them.
Although I am a grandmother, I wonder what it is like to be a grandmother for real.
To feel the touch
To share the joy
To spend time with these little blessings
But then I know that somewhere out there
is a wonderful Father in Heaven
that knows my heart
and knows that I love these little ones
even though I don't know them.
In my dreams and in my heart
there is a one day ......

1 comment:

Kris said...

I hope so too! Every time I watch that "find my family" show on tv I think of you and your family. I know they're not lost as such. It's funny how those people on tv want to find their family so much and they mostly don't even remember them. I find it hard to believe that your family don't want to know you. You are one of the nicest people I know. I hope that they will want to know you one day. Cause they are so missing out! And you are right. One day you will be a grandma for real. I just hope it is sooner rather than later. Love you!!!