Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I HAVE FOUND A NEW AUTHOR

Ever in search of another good book to read, I happened to pick up a new book at the library yesterday. It had a sticker on the front saying HIGH DEMAND, 14 DAY LOAN. This is usually an indication that the book is a good one, and that also means that the author writes good books.

The book : SAVE ME
The Author : LISA SCOTTOLINE
(Tried to find an image online of the book, but none of the images would download properly so I gave up in the end. If you want to know more about this book or the author go here).

I'm 129 pages in to this 370 page work of fiction and so far I'm loving it. I'm finding that for me it is one of those books that you don't want to put down. I just want to keep on reading so that I can find out what happens.

Rose, mother of two children, Melly and John, is concerned about Melly being bullied at school, by other students. She decides to become a canteen mum and monitor what is going on with her daughter. Melly has a large birthmark across her face and this has made her the brunt of teasing. On the fateful first day of Rose's stint as a canteen mum, there is an explosion in the canteen and she is forced to make one of the worst decisions that she has ever had to make in her life. What ensues from that decision is set to cause much upheavel in Rose's life and sets her life on a path over which she has little control.

I'm finding myself quite drawn into this book and the emotions that it stirs as a result of incidents which occur as the book progresses. At this point I am not sure exactly what is going to happen, but would suggest that anyone looking for a good author and a good read should give this book and even some of this authors other books a try. I am when I finish this one.

No comments: