Tuesday, May 22, 2012

IS THERE SOMETHING THAT YOU WOULD REALLY LOVE TO HAVE .....

VW Beetle

Is there something that you would really love to have?  Is there that one thing that you have seen, and wanted for the longest time?  For me it is one of these (as above) ~ a VW Beetle.  A Herbie car.  Does anyone remember the old Herbie movies?  The little car with the mind of it's own.  I don't know why I like them so much, but I'd love to have one.  Haven't really thought about what colour I'd like, but I know I'd just love one of these cars.


Then I found these VW Combi Vans.  I kept on wondering what roads these cars had seen and who had put them there.  I figure it might be a VW enthuiast as there are about 5 or 6 of them parked together, rusting out in the body, looking a bit worse for wear, definitely looking like they could do with a good mechanic to get them going and a great coat of new paint.




I wonder how much work would be involved in doing these up ?  Plenty I'm guessing ~ but then any project is rewarding if you get pleasure out of it and look at the finished product, feeling a sense of pride in what you have achieved.  Wish I had the skills to take one of these on and do it up.  




I've tried, to no avail, to encourage one of my sons to become a mechanic, but I have failed dismally.  I've seen a combi van around the area where I live.  Looks like the young guy that drives it has done it up.  It's so gorgeous.  Hot pink and black.




Alas, I think I shall never have one of these, but I still dream of the VW Beetle that I might one day have.  I think the reason I like these cars so much is that they have character.  They look like they have seen life.  I'm definitely into things that have character.  New and Ultra modern houses don't exactly appeal to me, although in some cases I do like them, but mostly I'm attracted to older weatherboard houses, as they just seem to have more character.  Perhaps that's what I like about these cars, their character.

2 comments:

AnnaPrasad said...

I love beetles too! My aunts partner has done up a combi van and added ears on the side and lips and eyes on the front. It's actually quite funky. I'll have to take some pictures next time I'm there and show them to you!

Charlotte said...

Oh yeah, I'd love to do up an old Federation House :) I drool over some in our area, but mostly when an old house gets sold here, they knock it down & build a big soulless new one. A little piece of my heart breaks every time I see that! I'd love to "rescue" one!