Saturday, December 1, 2012

Reverb 12 - Day 1

How are you starting this last month of 2012?

Take a moment, close your eyes, take a deep breath and 
ask yourself the question: how do you feel...
... in your body? in your mind? in your day job? in your 
creative life? in your heart?


With a broken down car ... I'm going nowhere fast ....but then looking past that ..... I'm starting out with blessings.  

Blessings of family and blessings of good friends, a wonderful job, a better attitude towards my physical health.  The physical health could improve more, but I'm working on it and things are getting better. 

My heart is full for I've realised that I have so much in my life to be grateful for.  I have many blessings.  Wonderful friends who care about me and people that I care about.  Some people don't have that.  They are lonely.


I'm starting out knowing that I've learnt great lessons in the past month; lessons that will help me move forward in my life.

I'd like to be more creative and I will be.  I think of all the projects I'd love love love to start, but don't seem to have the time to do, so I don't start.  I see all the beautiful projects that people do and display on their blogs and I think I wish I had the time to do that.  Then I think maybe starting a small project would be the way to go and would give me the incentive to go on and do something else.  Then I think does it matter.  This is where that old friend 'self-talk' comes in, particularly GOOD SELF-TALK.

I'm not EVERYONE else.  This is not a competition.  I don't have to do the same thing or be as good as anyone else.  I just have to be me and do my own thing.  So I'm starting out this last month of the year ..... being ME, and learning to like and love who I am and find the best in myself .... becoming the best person that I can be.



I don't normally put photos of myself on my blog .... but this is me (I'm the one on the left) with my twin sister.  Does this mean I'm reaching a point in my life where I actually like who I am and  am comfortable with who I am?  Well that's a good start to the last month of 2012.

Come and join the Reverb12 challenge and let your creative juices flow .... click on the link at the top of my page on the right hand side.



2 comments:

Tracy said...

Good for you! Being comfortable with who you are and who you are growing to be is so important.

lorik said...

What you said I found very inspiring. I will try to do the same:) Maybe even put a non blurry pic of myself up::))!!!