Saturday, March 2, 2013

Some thing awesome, Something wonderful ... saying thank you.

What do you say when someone gives you an awesome gift, a gift that you are not expecting.  Sometimes people give you something and you feel like they are doing it for their benefit, and it feels like there is an expectation of something in return.  This gift however, was given totally from the heart because the person wanted to show appreciation.

Now to be honest, I find it hard when people give me things for no real reason.  Like its not a birthday or Christmas, or a significant occasion, just someone saying thank you and showing enormous generosity.  This person could have given me a card with the words thank you in it and that would have meant just as much.  I don't think we ever say those words enough.  I don't mean when they have just done something, but rather in the moment when they haven't actually done anything specific.

For me this gift was much appreciated and will benefit me enormously with my studies.  It's my favourite new toy ....a Microsoft Surface.  For those of you that don't know what they are, they are a tablet with a clip on keyboard, so that you can use them as a laptop of sorts or like a tablet ....and I love it.  They have been advertising them on tv lately and show a whole lot of tablets that stand up with all different coloured keypads. 

I've been thinking why I find it hard to accept gifts from others and it boils down to not feeling good enough, or like I don't deserve it.  I am slowly learning to realise that that my contribution in the world is of value and that sometimes, just like me others too like to show appreciation.  I'm great at thanking others, but not so good at accepting it in return. 

So to my lovely friend (and boss) thank you for my gift, I love and appreciate it .... you are one of the most kind and generous people that I know and I see that kindness and generosity on a daily basis.  I am blessed to know you and call you my friend.  Thank You.

(I wanted to add a picture of the Surface tablet on here with the keyboard attached, but haven't worked it all out yet ... if you look on the net on images, you will see a picture there.)

No comments: