Monday, January 6, 2014

IF A CHALLENGE WAS EASY, THEN IT WOULDN'T BE A CHALLENGE

I’m really making the effort to keep blogging about my journey.   Some days it’s not easy, but I figure that if I can just keep going it will all be worth it in the end.   I keep writing because it is my commitment to this worthwhile cause.  It is my commitment to do this and continue to grow and progress.  I'm finding a lot of awesome quotes which are really helping me to keep positive.


I really hope that somewhere out there I can encourage one other person to aim for their goal, to work towards it, and keep going till they achieve it, then it will all be very, very worthwhile.


When you embark on a challenge it is clear that it will not be easy.  If a challenge was easy, well then it would not be a challenge and there would be no point. 


Today has been an emotional day.  I went to see a personal trainer today and I now embark on training 3 times per week.  Now I guess people would wonder why that is an emotional thing.  For me it felt like it was something good that I was doing for myself.  It felt like another thing that I was doing towards my challenge of riding in The Ride to Conquer Cancer.  It felt like no matter how hard the challenge is I can keep on going and I can do this.    We don’t always believe in ourselves, but just by doing a small thing each day towards your goal, you can believe in yourself, you can achieve the ultimate goal.


It makes me think of those that have suffered with cancer and had to get through the treatment and all that goes with it.  It must be such a challenge to deal with the unknowns.  Not only are they impacted by the treatment, but their families also have to help them get through what is happening. 


So I guess that working toward the challenge of this ride is one way in which I can make a positive contribution to help raise funds. 

If you have a goal that you want to achieve, then go for it and don’t let anything stop you.  I am realising that the work will be worth it, even when it doesn’t feel like it.


Thank you to all those that are supporting me with their encouraging words … no one knows how much that means to me.